Dayboro Bowls Club

A meeting was held on 15th of March 1945 to form a bowls club in Dayoro and a committee elected. The first official meeting of the Dayboro & District Bowls Club was held on 22nd March 1945 with John Kelly President, Win Henzell and Roy Cruice Secretaries and George Currie Treasurer. Property on which to construct a bowling green was leased from J.J. Kely for a term of 21 years with the reight of renewal for further 21 years or outright purchase. Syd Barker was employed to build the green. In March 1946 an offer of 100 Pounds was made to purchase a 40x20 foot army building for a clubhouse. It was proposed to partition this into two small dressing rooms, a central tea room and a barroom and to erect it on the south side fo the green. The first game on the green was held on Sunday 9th June 1946 although the club was no officially opened until 21st December 1946 Dayboro Bowls Club is situated in Bradley Street, Dayboro. Social and full membership available. The bar is open after 3 pm. For information on any events contact the club. Phone 07 3425 1374.